This asana is to be done lying on the back. In this asana the form of the body is just like a chakra. Hence it is called chakrasana.
- Wheel Pose Original Position :
- Keep both the hands near the knees lying on the back.
- Keep legs near to each other and straight from knees.
- Keep palms towards ground.
- Wheel Pose Method :
- At first while doing Poorak, Keep feet touching the ground so that both the legs bend through knees in standing positon.
- Keep both the hands on back side of the head and palms towards ground.
- Keep palms and legs firmly gripped with ground and raise the body slowly from the waist.
- Keep the head touching the ground.
- Slowly raise the head also high up from the ground and keep your sight backside. Stay in Kumbhak according to capacity.
- While performing Rechak come again in the original position slowly in the reverse order.
- Points to bear in mind :
- In this asana at the time of raising the body from the waist take care that hands nd legs may not slip. Bring the waist downward slowly, take care not to collide.
- Benefits of Wheel pose :
- The spine gets a good exercise.
- Indigestion or constipation gets removed.
- Feeling of zeal and enthusiasm prevails in the body.
- The posture becomes proper.
TAG : #Chakrasana #Wheelpose #Asana