Dhanurasan :This asana is done in a prone position. Since the position of the body resembles like the stretched string of the bow, it is said dhanurasan.
Basic Position :Sleeping in prone position, the hands to be kept on the sides of the body. the palms of the hands should remain facing the ground. the legs should be straight from the knees.
- Bend both the legs from the knees in such a way that the heels of the legs will touch to the buttocks.
- Then catch both the legs from the ankles with both the hands.
- Pull the legs with the hands. The weight of the body should remain rested on the navel. then pull the trunk of the body. take the head on the back side as far as possible.keep the eye sight in the front. This is the complete position of the asana.
- Remain in this position for a while. then come in the basic position :
- Leave the pulling of the body. Simply keep both the legs caught with the hands.
- Put both the hands on the sides of the body.
- Straighten the right leg from the knee and put on the ground.
- Then, straighten the left leg from the knee and put on the ground.
Points to be kept in mind :
- An individual having hernia, ulcer, prostate, heart trouble or high blood pressure should not do this asana.
- Pregnant woman should not do this asana.
- Fat on the stomach decreases. There is an ease in gas or constipation troubles.
- Beneficial for the diabetic patients.
- The muscles of hands, legs and the chest become strong.
- Beneficial for the stoop shoulders whithout any deformity.
- nerves get nourished.
- Spinal column is strengthen. it becomes flexible. the pain in the waist gets rid-of.
- Blood circulation becomes proper.one gets good health.