Tadasan :This asana is to be performed in the standing position. Since, the position of the body resembles like the palm tree, it is named as tadasan.
Basic Position of Tadasan :Keep the palms of bath legs together. keep both the hands straight and the fingers in touch with the body. keep the eye sight in front.
- Take both the hand upward from the front in slow motion. The palms of the hands will face each other. Hands will remain in touch with the ears.
- Raise the body up on the palms of the legs. Keep the heels up the ground. This is the complete position of Tadasan.
- Remain in this position for a while. Then come in basic position :
- Place the heels on the ground.
- Bring both the hands slowly from front to downward.
Points to be kept in mind :
- Perform this asana either in morning or in evening with empty stomach.
- Height increases. Idleness gets rid-of.
- The muscles of the legs, hands and shoulders become strong.
- Running speed increases. Body feels lightness.
- Health of the body gets suitable impression.