Padhastasan :This asana is perform in the standing position. Since, the legs and the hands get together, it is called Padhastasan.
Basic Position :Both the legs together. Both the hands straight and in touch with the body. The fingers of the hands also in touch with the body. Eye sight in front.
- With breathing, take both the hands upward. keep them straight and in touch with the ears.
- Then bend in front from the waist. Keep upper body parallel to the ground. keep the palms of the hands facing towards the ground.
- Bring both the hands downward and then keep the palms of the hands on the ground nearer to the respective legs, keep the legs straight from the knees.
- Keep the forehead in touch with the knees. the chin should remain in touch with the chest. this is the complete position of padhastasan.
- Remain in this position for a while. then come in basic position :
- Take the forehead little away from the knees.
- Bring both the hands upward slowly. keep the upper body parallel to the ground. keep the palms of the hands facing the ground.
- Bring both the hands upward and in touch with the ears.
- Bring both the hands downward.
Points to be kept in mind :
- Those having troubles of stomach and heart should act as per the guidance of experts.
- Do not bend the legs from the knees. While taking a particular position, do not give jerks to the body.
- Body will be in good shape.
- The muscles of the stomach, back and the waist become efficient.
- The veins and the muscles of the stomach become strong.
- Weight increases. Body gets freshness.
- The efficiency of the nerves increases.
- Digestive system becomes effictive, hence indigestion, stomach troubles like gas and constipation gets rid of.